"; ?> Rocafella BLOG 5.1 | ROC Podcast in the Works
 
Rocafella.comRocaWear.comOffical Kanye West Web SiteDash Films - Coming Soon



Navgation

NEWS
FAQ
ROC Media Kit: RMK1.0
WPaper: BA TO SP BP
Quick Reviews
Staff
Aztek Escobar
Roc-a-fella.com
Kanye-The-ROC
The BLACK NOVEL
The Charles' Critical Corner
FreeiPod.com

Staff
Kenn
Charles
Antman (MIA)
Nikki (coming soon)

THE FORUM
DISCUSSION BOARD
THE FORUM »

Kanye does so why don't you. Speak your mind on the new Messageboard. Its up to you to build the community. Unlike Rocafella.com's forum its free.
JAY-Z & TIMBALAND ALBUM
SIGN PETITION
Jay-Z & Timbaland »

What do you get when you take the greatest living rapper and the greatest hip hip producer. You get one hot album. Sign the petition and lets make it happen.
ShoutBox

FACE/OFF
by rocafan on 12/03/2003 11:59:00 AM

Cam Not Feelin' The R?

"Me, I got beef with R. Kelly." — Cam'ron

B2K, P. Diddy, Jay-Z ... it seems everyone in the music industry has
love for R. Kelly. But there is one artist who isn't smitten with
him: the fashion-trendsetting, lyrical lethal Pink Panther of rap,
Cam'ron.

The leader of the Diplomats is heated because he says he was there
for the R. when his sex scandal first broke, and now Kells is
reneging on an agreement they had for the singer to appear on Cam's
upcoming Purple Haze LP.

"Me, I got beef with R. Kelly," said Cam, who recorded the "Snake"
remix with R. Kelly and made an unauthorized remix of Kelly's "Thoia
Thoing" this year. "The 'Snake' song, he asked me to fly to L.A. and
do the video, I said fine, all in exchange for him to do a beat and
hook on my album. There's no beat from Kelly, there's no hook from
R. Kelly."

Cam said he realizes that Kelly is busy, but was insulted because
the R. has made time for people who only just recently got in his
corner.

"The whole industry was sh---in' on you," the rapper further
vented. "Now everybody is back on the bandwagon, I'm jumping off. I
still love his music, he's a great musician, but I can't do business
with that man, 'cause that's bad business. I could have invoiced you
and said, 'This is my fee.' That's what I'm gonna do [now]."

Cam does have his sights set on another crooner who's been known to
get the ladies screaming — Maxwell. He wants the singer to help him
remake Earth, Wind & Fire's "Reasons."

"I always loved the song when I was growing up," he explained. "I
been wanting somebody to do [the beat for me] for a minute."

If neither Kelly nor Maxwell work out, Cam can rest assured that he
does have at least one singer definitely on his LP. Dip Set wild man
Freaky Zeeky guest stars on "Hey Lady," which samples Roger
Troutman's "Computer Love."

"I see the hate in your eye, damn, them boys is too fly," Zeeky
sings off-key. "The way we roll up, rims all swole up, ice all froze
up, sing!" "Hey Lady" is one of a slew of records that Cam's put on
the mixtapes and leaked to some radio stations the past few months,
along with "Get Em Girls," "Killa Cam," "Dead Mother----
ers," "Diamond and Pearls" (yes, it's Cam's own take on the Prince
classic replete with the sample of the purple people eater),
and "The Halftime Show," where he raps over the beat to
ESPN's "SportsCenter" theme. "I did that song in 15 minutes," he
said. "I did it and put it out [immediately]. On the record, I
relate a lot of stuff going on in my life to sports."

Killa's LP doesn't drop till around mid-February, and he says he'll
be working on material until the very last minute. He just put out
another new record that his camp says may be the strongest contender
for a single, "Shake." On the cut, Cam'ron encourages women
to "shake something" and raps about spending time in the Bahamas
with Alyssa Milano.

Cam is looking to shoot his first video in support of Purple Haze
within the next few weeks.

Free Apple iPod Program



THE BLACK NOVEL