"; ?> Rocafella BLOG 5.1 | ROC Podcast in the Works
 
Rocafella.comRocaWear.comOffical Kanye West Web SiteDash Films - Coming Soon



Navgation

NEWS
FAQ
ROC Media Kit: RMK1.0
WPaper: BA TO SP BP
Quick Reviews
Staff
Aztek Escobar
Roc-a-fella.com
Kanye-The-ROC
The BLACK NOVEL
The Charles' Critical Corner
FreeiPod.com

Staff
Kenn
Charles
Antman (MIA)
Nikki (coming soon)

THE FORUM
DISCUSSION BOARD
THE FORUM »

Kanye does so why don't you. Speak your mind on the new Messageboard. Its up to you to build the community. Unlike Rocafella.com's forum its free.
JAY-Z & TIMBALAND ALBUM
SIGN PETITION
Jay-Z & Timbaland »

What do you get when you take the greatest living rapper and the greatest hip hip producer. You get one hot album. Sign the petition and lets make it happen.
ShoutBox

FACE/OFF
by kenn on 11/12/2003 01:38:00 PM

Rocafella.com Review

This past September I test drove the new rocafella.com website. I actually signed up a few days after the new layout. The subscription is like $6 a month, or something like that. First I must say they lied to me. There was a little pop-up that said you get two months when you sign up between certain dates. I made sure I did. Roctober comes around and my account is closed. That is false advertisement. I tried to contact someone from the site. It took a good ten minutes to find a contact email address. No help section people. It doesn't make any sense they're tunning a subscription service and there's no customer support. By the way, my email still hasn't been answered and its been about 2-3 weeks now. Doesn't make any sense.

The layout is very nice. The entire roster of the Rocafella camp are listed and then some. 1/3 of the artists I haven't even heard of. It pretty complete. The audio tracks are nice but 90% are old tracks. If you are use to downloading unreleased music you won't find anything new in the audio department. Some of those tracks are pushing a year old. You get extra tracks with the membership but not that many. Videos are also present but are mostly in Jay-Z's section of the site. Jay-Z's page is the most complete with goodies but it soon its boring.

There is also a message board. Wow, lol. You have to pay to use it. Wow, lol. When you get right down to it that is what your paying for and its not worth it. Yes there are contests but you have to pay to enter. ??? Wow, lol. Rocafella is making fanz pay to use their messageboard. I understand it cost money to provide multi-media content but its just not worth it. The $5-6 won't break the bank but will leave you feeling swindled. The special chat sessions are not even worth mentioning. I don't think Freeway is into computers or any body else on the label. Maybe Dame and Jigga but no one. I actually got a chance to speak to Dame but questions were filtered.

I can't recommend the membership. Yea sure you should try it out but only once... a year! In the words of one of Jigga's music videos on the site "I Can Get Wit That". I have to give the new Rocafella.com 2 Armadale Bottles out of 5, lol. Its a major improvement over the original but still nothing good. And what is with the loading time?

Free Apple iPod Program



THE BLACK NOVEL