"; ?> Rocafella BLOG 5.1 | ROC Podcast in the Works
 
Rocafella.comRocaWear.comOffical Kanye West Web SiteDash Films - Coming Soon



Navgation

NEWS
FAQ
ROC Media Kit: RMK1.0
WPaper: BA TO SP BP
Quick Reviews
Staff
Aztek Escobar
Roc-a-fella.com
Kanye-The-ROC
The BLACK NOVEL
The Charles' Critical Corner
FreeiPod.com

Staff
Kenn
Charles
Antman (MIA)
Nikki (coming soon)

THE FORUM
DISCUSSION BOARD
THE FORUM »

Kanye does so why don't you. Speak your mind on the new Messageboard. Its up to you to build the community. Unlike Rocafella.com's forum its free.
JAY-Z & TIMBALAND ALBUM
SIGN PETITION
Jay-Z & Timbaland »

What do you get when you take the greatest living rapper and the greatest hip hip producer. You get one hot album. Sign the petition and lets make it happen.
ShoutBox

FACE/OFF
by kenn on 11/26/2002 09:29:00 AM

What scores a hit with the hit maker?

Here are five records that have Jay-Z's ear these days.

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND
"Crush"
"I can't get over that one: 'Sexy lady, I am at your feet / I want you so badly.' That record puts me in such a relaxed, amazing mood. I don't even know what the rest of the album sounds like 'cause I can't get over that one track."


EMINEM
"The Eminem Show"
"I like whatever he does. He uses different patterns, he's not lazy. And he makes sense, he sticks to a subject for more than two bars. I can appreciate that.."


NORAH JONES
"Come Away With Me"
"Very soulful."


MICHAEL JACKSON
"Thriller"
"That's always got to come up. I ask Quincy Jones every time I see him, 'How did you make that? It's all hits! So many great records on this one CD. How do you do that?' "


DEAD PREZ
"Turn Off the Radio" (single)
"I just got into them. I always thought they were just anti-successful people, but they're like 'Pac and Sonny Carson. They're revolutionaries."

Source: Copyed from Calender Live

Free Apple iPod Program



THE BLACK NOVEL